Family Portraits by John Alexander Photography
My family portrait sessions are a great way to get some natural shots of your whole family in a familiar setting. I love to find objects, natural props and backgrounds 'on location' instead of having a detailed shot list in pre-determined locations. For example: we are on the walk to your local beach, and we pass an old wooden gate, I may use it to frame a family portrait and ask some of you to sit on it and others to lean against it. This spontaneity not only keeps the session informal and relaxed, but also creates varied images that will be unique to your family.
A typical shoot:
- I ask if you have any favourite local walks
- I arrive at your house and introduce myself to your family (perhaps over a cup of tea)
- We go on your local walk, along the way I look for potential natural props and backgrounds - perhaps an old bench, a stone wall, a fallen tree, you name it!
- I will direct you a little to make the most of the location, but the ultimate goal is to keep it relaxed and to create some lovely, natural photographs of your family that can be printed, mounted and framed up BIG!
Of course, If you have any other ideas about the session, I would love to hear them!
- My Attendance for up to 4 hours.
- Low-resolution images in an online gallery with password protection
I am happy to travel anywhere in the Uk although an extra charge of 45p per mile from OX449HZ will apply to cover my expenses. This fee does not include any prints or products, which are purchased separately once you have viewed the session's images.
Please see products below for prices:
£45 Up to 12" x 8"
£60 12" x 18"
(includes postage & packaging)
If you would like to go BIG please contact me for a quote.
Each fully edited image ready for printing - £100
40-50 fully edited images from the session: £295
Contemporary 20cm x 30cm leather-bound Album: £595